Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun With Family

We left to go to Utah right after school got out on Thursday. We left around 4:00 hoping to get ahead of the weather but unfortunately we found and went right through a storm starting about South Pass and followed it on to Utah. Michael is always the driver and the rest of us slept. It was nice to have Friday just to hang out and enjoy the cousins and be lazy. Michael and Cannon went on a little shopping spree but came back only with dinner no clothes. Michael and Cannon were going to go to a Utah Flash game with my brother, Steven on Friday night and right before they were going to leave Cannon went out to do a couple back flips on their tramp.(and you know how lucky we have been with tramps lately) Anyway the next thing I hear is My sister-in-law Denice saying I think Cannon hit his head on the tramp. I went out to find my son grabbing the back of his head and saying I'm fine I'm fine it is no big deal. When we finally got him to let go of his head to examine the damage it was pretty bad. There was just this huge cut and it was really deep. I was the first to see it and after Cole's fiasco I thought we should take him right to the emergency room. Well not Michael he calmly brought Cannon in washed his head real good this time dried it off and glued him right up. The whole time I was a little nervous about doing the fix-it job again ourselves but the cut seems to be healing well. Michael thinks it is all in the glue. We didn't have the right glue last time and Michael is sure that is where we went wrong. So before any of you head on down to the ER you might want to stop by and see if Dr. Michael can do the job!:)
As I mentioned before we got to spend time with my brothers kids and it was fun as always. The kids all got along really well(accept for a few little fights among Adam and Elle.) The first morning I decided to do a little exercising and while I was doing my video my little niece followed along and worked out with me. Once we were on the floor doing some push ups she looked me right in the eyes and said "I Love You!" Talk about immediate connection, she was my pal for the rest of the weekend. Girls are definitely much more dramatic than boys and they are far more persistent and they give you much more information than boys do. I loved every minute with Elle and I can't wait for them to come visit some time soon!(that is a hint Denice) Travis and Isaiah always get along well. Cole and Caleb became fast friends and whenever they were sitting still Caleb was always on him somehow,on his lap, shoulders or back. They all did have a great time together. I am so glad Steven and Denice live in Utah at least one of my siblings live within a days drive. We had a great time and appreciate Steven and Denice's hospitality. We love you and thanks for the weekend.

1 comment:

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun time in Utah (except for another cut on the head)! That's neat that Michael got to take Cannon to the Priesthood session! Oh, and by the way, Ryan and I started P90X on Monday and every inch of my body is SORE! You know how it is!