Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thanks Grandpa!

I was so busy trying to get things together before we left for Texas that I didn't get some of my end of the school year blogging done. So here is a late entry. Cannon had to package an egg in something to make it survive a two story fall for his science class. Cannon forgot about this assignment until the day before it was due, and Michael happened to be out of town that night. So, in my wisdom I suggested to Cannon that he should call his grandpa. I figured Roland has all sorts of experience with packaging and I was sure he would have plenty of supplies at his shop. I was right but I never thought that he would help Cannon come up with such cool ideas and designs. By the way I do appreciate Roland's willingness to help out he didn't even pause when Cannon asked and he for sure came up with a much better design than I would have ever thought of. Mine would have included a box and some paper towels I am sure(BORING!) They came up with two ideas and even though Cannon only needed one they couldn't decide which to use so Cannon decided to bring both and in the end two of his friends were very grateful. The first was in the shape of a rocket/bullet. The second was in a Wal-Mart bag(I think that the Wal-Mart bag one was going for the lightest award.) Unfortunately the Wal-Mart bag never got to have a chance. Bill, one of Cannon's friends forgot to do the entire project no egg or anything so Cannon took apart the Wal-Mart bag and gave Bill the egg that was wrapped in packaging bubbles or something to that effect. Then Sarah, another friend, brought an egg but nothing to package it in so Cannon gave her the Wal-Mart bag that had some packaging stuff still in it and now they all had completed projects thanks to Grandpa.
Cannon used his bullet and it worked exactly as he had hoped it would. And as far as I know all the other pieced together projects worked also. Cannon got credit for doing the project and his egg not breaking and if you ask me he should have gotten the most creative design award but there wasn't one of those. It was a fun thing to do and I think Cannon had even more fun because it was something he did with his Grandpa. Thanks again Roland you were a great sport about the whole thing and we appreciate all you do in supporting our kids.

1 comment:

Emily Asay said...

wow, thats pretty impressive!! what a great grandpa.