Sunday, January 11, 2009

A "Grizzly" Weekend

Well it was a long weekend of basketball. It started Thursday night with Wind River. We played them in the East/West tournament first game of the season and did not fare so well. We did better against Wind River but still fell to the Cougars(which is hard because I never like to loose but the W.R. coach is such a great guy that it is hard to stay mad for long.) Friday night we played the Burlington Huskies, in my mind one of our rivals. Burlington is in our district but I really hate loosing to them. But even though I wanted to win it didn't seem like some of the boys wanted it as bad as I did. We lost for the second time this season to the Huskies so the good news is we don't have to play them again this year the bad news is we lost twice to the Huskies booooo. Saturday we played our first conference game. We came out on top of this one. I was a little nervous after the night before and how the boys were feeling. We played the Shoshoni Wranglers. The Grizz came out confident and on fire. We couldn't miss in the first quarter and the team really seemed to be playing together as a unit. We went on to dominate the whole game almost to the point that I felt a little sorry for the Wranglers. It was nice to see the team smile and have some fun. I love my Grizz. Good luck in future games boys.

1 comment:

Emily Asay said...

thanks for the update--i need to get on line and figure out how to watch the games via internet. who do they play next?