Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom Will You Play With Me?

Yesterday we woke up to a beautiful dusting of snow. While I was doing the bathrooms Adam came in and asked if I would go have fun in the snow with him. Usually I would put him off or tell him to go out by himself but due to one of my new years resolutions I finished what I was doing got in some warmer clothes and out we went. The sun was bright and it was pretty warm outside. We decided to make snow angels.














Adam's snow angel .
My snow monster I mean angel.
We then had a very short lived snow ball fight. Adam didn't like it that I could hit him so many more times than he could hit me. You all know me no mercy! Unfortunately the snow was not quite wet enough for a snow man so we played follow the leader. I had to step in Adam's footsteps as I followed him. That is when I realized how many more steps it takes Adam to get somewhere than it takes me. I knew his stride was shorter than mine but wow he really does have to work hard to get from A to B. I think about how he had to climb up the mountain when we went sledding and it was hard for me and it had to be really hard for him! We then tried to take some pics together but that didn't turn out so good but here they are. Adam kept saying the sun was too bright and it was hurting his eyes.














Thank goodness for children that keep me young and having a bit of fun. We had a great afternoon Adam came inside had a little hot chocolate and feel asleep on my bed. I love being a mom! Life is good.

4 comments:

Emily Asay said...

Thats so awesome that you took time out to spend with Adam, I'm sure he loved it.

Emily S. said...

We played follow the leader in the snow today!! It was so nice and can't beat a day out in the snow!!

Fisher Family said...

Man you're such a great mom! I should have made a New Year's resolution to play with my kids more! I'm lucky these days if I make it out of bed before 10am!... Lame I know, but I'm always so stinkin' tired. Maybe later on in the year I will try to live up to your awesome example!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

So cute! What a good mom!