Thursday, February 4, 2010

Catch Up!

Wow I really thought I would catch up and really get moving with my blog but that obviously didn't happen. We had a great Christmas. Cole finally got his ball python he has been asking for for about 5 years now. To be perfectly honest it is really not as bad as I had imagined it to be. The feedings aren't that bad and there is relatively minimal work with a snake and Cole is in heaven.
Cannon turned 13 on the 30th of January and is now officially a teenager! He had some friends over for his birthday and stayed up all night watching PG-13 movies because we wouldn't let him watch them until he was 13. He had a great night and ate junk all night long. Now it is the constant question of can I watch this movie can I watch that movie? I am thinking there should be a new rating of PG-16 or something like it. There is such a wide range of what the industry calls PG-13. There are so many that I won't even watch so now it is preview everything. There are just some movies I don't want to watch but it is all in the name of love:)
The boys got there report cards right after they got back from Christmas vacation and they all did so well it was a great day in the Simmons house. Travis who has to work a little extra hard in school seems to be really catching on this year and it showed on his report card. I know he has had to work harder but I think it has helped him to develop better work ethic and he seems willing to put in the extra time. Cannon got to be in the regional spelling bee and he took 4th place over all. I wonder how well he could have done if he had studied his words even once?
We are heading for the home stretch of basketball. I looked at the schedule and there are only 2 more home games to be played in the Byron Gym and that just seems odd but wonderful. I can't wait until next year when the school will be just down the street and if my kids want to run home for something they can. It will be wonderful! Well that is us in a nut shell things are good around here. Life seems to be moving faster than I can keep up with but I am sure enjoying the boys and all their new discoveries.
By the way the lady with the boys is Grandma Scooter she is our neighbor and has become a very important person to the whole family! We all love her and we are all very grateful to have found each other and to have another person to have around to love and share experiences with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! Glad to see you back in the blog world. It is so hard to try and catch up but worth it if u can! I am looking back at last year for my blog book and can't believe how much I already forgot happened last year. Wish I had a better memory!

Megan said...

So glad to be able to see how you are all doing! Congratulations on your new inherited title... "Mother of a teenager"! 13! That is crazy and I'm sure it happened sooner that you ever thought that it would! Blake just turned 4 and I know he will be going to college what seems like next week! Glad that there is a light at the end of the basketball tunnel! We've kept a tab on how the team is doing online this season! Nick is still a grizz at heart! Can't wait to see more updates!