Saturday, March 14, 2009

Travis Is 7!

Happy Birthday Travis! Today is my little cowboys birthday. I just don't know how else to describe him other than that. He is such a bright spot in my life. Travis this year has become my shadow. Whenever we sit to watch a movie or this basketball season he can't get close enough to me. I am lovin' every minute of it. I know some day too soon he will be embarrassed of me and rather have me not even acknowledge him. So I am going to love it while I can.



Travis loves everything cowboy and horses and farming. I think Travis will some day own a small farm of some sort if he can. I at times think that maybe Trav might want to live around here some day so he can be a cowboy.
Travis has worked hard this year in school and I am so proud of the progress he has made. Travis has also made a new friend this year. We have a neighbor named Scooter and Travis loves to spend time with her. She loves to be with Adam and Travis and spoils them like crazy whenever they are together. It is like having a grandma right next door. It is great to have all sorts of friends and we can never have too much love in our lives and she definitely loves Trav.But really how can you not?I know Travis has the ability to be an example to many people around him especially his little brother and I am proud most of the time for the direction he leads him in. I do love watching Travis be the big brother to Adam. They play farm down in the basement for hours, laying out the animals with the tractors and all the farm equipment. They have so much fun together.


I am grateful for the opportunity to be Travis' mom. I learn so much from him. He has a tender heart and so much passion for the things he loves. We are all lucky to have him in our lives. Happy Birthday Trav!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Travis! Being 7 is very cool!

I know Scooter, she is the sister to my neighbor Nani. She is a nice lady and a big horse woman. No wonder she and Travis get along so well.

Fisher Family said...

Happy Birthday Trav! Isaiah's excited to turn 7 this year too!