Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Advent Calendars

The children every year get those chocolate advent calendars from the grocery store. The boys love them and it is a fun way of keeping track of the month. One year I remember Travis having a little extra fun with the calendars. The boys had eaten their days candy and left for school. Unfortunately Cannon and Cole had forgotten to put their calendars back up and out of Travis'(who was two or three at the time) reach. I did not realize this either and was back in my room doing something and when I came out there was Travis with every ones advent calendars in front of him with all the little doors open and not a chocolate to be found! Needless to say we had to get new chocolate calendars that year so the older boys wouldn't have a fit but it is one of my favorite Christmas memories.

What made me think of that story was this morning when the boys were all getting out their chocolates before school Adam didn't have any in his day 17. Adam was not happy and turned to Cole and said "Cole you ate my candy" and tried to convince me he should get to eat Cole's chocolate. Really what happened is that Adam thinks he should get to eat two or three candies a day and he is running out. Nice try though Adam. Merry Christmas and have a treat!

No comments: