Sunday, December 14, 2008

Humanitarian Project

I would like to thank all of those people who made the humanitarian project possible yesterday! I know many people spent hours and hours to make it possible and I am so grateful for that. My family and I had a great time doing service together and all the preparation that went into the day ahead of time made it absolutely wonderful! I have been struggling with some things lately and it was just the best feeling to be able to look outside of myself for a couple of hours and do something for someone else. I love being a member of a ward family that thinks of great things like a humanitarian project that benefits others while uplifting the ones doing it also. Service is such a two way street the recipient benefits but the giver is a benefactor also. I know that my children didn't do a ton yesterday but what they did do they were proud of and you can only learn about the blessings of service by serving. So thanks again to all those wonderful people who coordinated such a meaningful day!

No comments: