Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Concert

We went to our first middle school concert last night. Cannon plays the alto sax. I feel very lucky that our school stills has a music program. Ms Olson is such a wonderful teacher she has so much passion for music and teaching the kids. I believe her excitement for the arts is contagious and the kids feel the same passion when they are with her.


Cannon also got to sing a solo in the choir part of his concert. Here he is taking a bow with the rest of the kids who got to sing a solo. I enjoy seeing my children develop talents and I know that music is something they will have with them forever. When Cannon first started to learn the sax his background in piano helped him to move quickly through the beginning stages. It was so nice to be able to watch Cannon reap the benefits of the hard work he has put in learning the piano(and my hard work of dealing with all the fits he has thrown over the years) Music is one of my favorite parts of the holidays. Merry Christmas to all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great concerts last night. I loved listening to the last few songs the band played.
Looks like our pictures match. I can not take a good one inside any school buildings--ARGHHH

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

It's so weird to see him in middle school--he seems older all of a sudden! What a handsome kid!