Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Horses And Dreams

Travis is my cowboy as everyone knows and he said the cutest thing I have ever heard before and I want to post it so I will never forget it. This year for Labor Day weekend we went camping and one of our friends brought their horses with them and the generous people that they are they let us ride them. I got to go first and had such a great time. Horses remind me so much of my childhood and the fond memories of summers full of shoveling out stalls just so I could get to ride here and there every once in a while. I do know where my sons passion for horses comes from. Any way as the weekend went by the children got to ride here and there for small bouts of time and they enjoyed every moment of it. One afternoon Michael and I were going to go for a ride down a trail to Bucking Mule Falls we invited Cole and Travis to come with us. The boys did not fit on the saddles so they sat behind us on the blanket. Off we went for a beautiful ride through the mountains. As we traveled along we went up and down the trail and all of a sudden we appeared to be on top of the world Travis and I could see forever out in front of us. Travis then confided in me that this was a Dream Come True to be riding in the mountains on a horse just like on his favorite movie The Man From Snowy River. Happily we continued down the path as time went on my Travis started to get a tid bit uncomfortable and then more and more.Soon it became hard for Travis to sit where he was and then he said the funniest thing. Travis after stating he could not go any farther he said "Mom who knew dreams could hurt so badBold?!" I just about laughed myself right off the horse. We then traded spots and proceeded back to camp. When we got back Travis walked like a cowboy for a while. I don't think Travis will forget that ride any time soon and neither will I!

1 comment:

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Oh that is funny! Poor kid, wanting to enjoy the ride so bad and he's so uncomfortable. What a cute comment and what a good mom letting him ride in the saddle!