Thursday, November 20, 2008

Top Ten Gratitude List

1. My wonderful HUSBAND. I know sometimes he may not feel that I treat him in a way that portrays that he is my no.1 but he really is. I am thankful for the example he is to our children and for his integrity and his commitment to our relationship in hopes someday we will be together for eternity. And what a good sport he was about being a raccoon for Pioneer Day.


2. Of course my beautiful CHILDREN. I am so lucky that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with such responsibility as to raise four amazing and unique boys. I know they are choice spirits and someday will grow up to be valiant servants of God.




3.My MEMBERSHIP IN THE CHURCH. The gospel and I have had our ups and downs but in the end the Lord has been my one true friend. I am not perfect by any means I do though try to improve every day and hope someday I will be able to stand in my Saviors presence and not be to ashamed of the person I have become.


4. I love my FAMILY. I love the family I was born into and I love the family I married into. I am so grateful for the love and support I have from my family. It is reassuring to know I can rely on each and every person in my fam and that is an amazing blessing. Thank you every one of you for all you do for us we sure are lucky! Thanks again mom for coming and watching the boys. They keep informing me of all the things they got to do with you that they don't get to do with me!




5. FRIENDSHIP I think as a youth I placed friendship in front of some of the things on my list but now I have it more in perspective. There is no doubt though friends definitely help make the world go round. I am just now better at picking ones that help me achieve the goals I have in life.



6. Okay this one may seem trivial but it is real. MY OWN BATHROOM! We went for so many years with one bathroom and I thought it was no big deal but I was wrong! Do you know how many times I sat down on a "wet" toilet back in days of one bathroom? It is so wonderful to have a toilet that stays clean for more than a few minutes and we have discovered that it is definitely the boys with the bad aim and not Michael,another thing to be thankful for.





7. Everyone in my house is POTTY TRAINED! Yet another one of those trivial things but there was a time in my life when I could not foresee this day to come.





8. The YOUTH! I do admire the youth of our area they have it so much harder than I did as a teenager. I especially love our kids in our ward and of course I love those basketball boys.



9. My NEW HOUSE! I really do appreciate my new home. We started remodeling and are not quite finished but when are projects like that ever really done especially when you do the work yourself.
10. TESTIMONY! This one is probably above the others but I wanted to save it for last. My testimony and my belief in the gospel has shaped me into the person I am. I have sought out Heavenly Fathers forgiveness and he has given it to me every time. I am so appreciative of the example of my Savior. Jesus is our ultimate example and there is nothing that he didn't mark the way for us to follow. I am also grateful for the direction the gospel gives me in raising my children. There are circumstances and questions that arise with my children that with out the gospel I would probably be lost. So thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with the knowledge of your plan. Thank you all for the imprints you have placed on my heart. I Love You All!

6 comments:

Emily Asay said...

Why are all the boys dressed like raccoons? Well they look really cute anyway, and I love reading your blog!!!!!

Megan said...

Aren't there so many things to be thankful for! I love your top 10!

Shana said...

Congrats on your house. My mom told me that you guys bought that house and were remodeling it. It is such a big job to remodel an older home isn't it. That is what we did here in Oklahoma. It was a lot of work, but it was very rewarding.
I'm with you-every mother should have her own bathroom. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Like your top ten--got me thinking of my top ten. Love Thanksgiving in that it makes you think a lot about gratitude.
PS good luck on your talk tomorrow--I know you'll do fabulous:)

laura said...

That racoon picture cracks me up! Thanks for sharing your top ten. That was fun to read. Your house is SO cute!!

Sally said...

Loved the top 10 list. It made me think about mine, but it's probably very similar to yours. I'm grateful for good friends like you who are willing to share their thoughts and testimonies on blogs like this so that I can feel uplifted any time I need a boost. Thanks!