Monday, November 3, 2008

Look At That Loot

I know this is a funny picture but just hang in there and let me explain. When Michael and I went on our little trip last week I purposely did not pack any shampoo because I figured that I would use the products that are provided by the hotel. Well when I went to open the shampoo the next morning my husband about had a heart attack well maybe not that bad. He then explained how the program went. You are supposed to bring some shampoo from home and then collect all those little bottles every day and bring it home. My loving husband was willing to sacrifice one bottle but that was about all he could possibly part with. My husband has been traveling quite a bit over the years and he has been collecting these wonderfull little prizes. So I took a picture of what we have accumulated over the years.














Yes,that is three large ziplock bags and one wal-mart bag full of all those wonderfull little bottles of toiletry items. So you now can see why I didn't have the same reluctance as my husband . I suppose after 15 years (yes it has almost been 15 years) my husbands need for saving a buck in such peculiar ways should not surprise me. So when we are in need of using our one year supply of food and such we will definately smell good we might not have anything to eat but our hygiene will be taken care of. I love you honey for taking such good care of us.

3 comments:

laura said...

Yay! You have a blog! I am so glad I get to see your cute kids now. Those boys look way too fun!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny that you have so much stuff! I can't believe that is all from hotels.
Sorry you had to hear our word on Sunday--he just has to push me some days:)

Clay & Heather said...

Rachel, I want you to know that this hoarding instinct was passed on maternally . . . Just make sure he doesn't start hitting thrift shops for underwear.